Lassie
Hund utomhus

These mushrooms are poisonous to your dog

In late summer and autumn, it can be nice to take your dog for a walk in the woods. But what's important to be aware of is that every year dogs suffer from mushroom poisoning. It is not only in the woods that mushrooms grow, poisonous mushrooms can also be found in the garden. Remember to always keep an eye on what your dog is putting in it! Here we will give you some examples of poisonous mushrooms found in Sweden and what to do if your dog has eaten a poisonous mushroom.

Symptoms of mushroom poisoning can be vomiting and/or diarrhoea, the symptoms often appear between 30 minutes to 3 hours after the dog has ingested the poisonous mushroom. If you suspect that your dog has eaten a poisonous mushroom, do not wait for symptoms but contact a vet immediately.

In order to get your dog the right care as quickly as possible, it is important to identify which fungus your dog has ingested. If possible, we therefore recommend that you take pictures of the fungus and the surrounding area where the fungus grows, and also take a mushroom of the species you suspect the dog has ingested.

Mushrooms that are poisonous to your dog

  • Red fly agaric

  • Brown fly agaric

  • Panther fly agaric

  • White fly agaric

  • Sneaky fly agaric

  • Spiky/orange brown poisonous spider

  • Stonefly

If you suspect or know that your dog has ingested poisonous fungus, it is important that you contact a vet immediately!

Our app for Android and iOS

Level Up Your Pet Care Game: Get Our FREE App Now!

Packed with 300+ articles by certified vets and pet experts, our app it's your go-to resource for personalised advice on caring for your cat or dog. The more you learn, the happier and healthier your furry friend becomes and the more points you'll earn for exclusive discounts on Lassie products. Your pet's well-being is just a tap away! ūüď≤ūüźĺ
Appstore
Google Play

More articles